Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harmony and Love in our Home?

It’s really nice when the kids get along and love each other.

Yeah. I’ll let you know when THAT happens. Usually it’s exactly the opposite around here.

Here’s some actual (NOT made up! I promise!) conversations from our house:



GG singing in her room: “London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London bridge is falling down. I hate ET.”
Boo: “Me too.”

A little while later:
ET: “GG, everyone in this family hates you. Except Mommy. And Daddy. And Boo. And the babies.”

Then on another day:
ET: “GG, one day you’re going to need a kidney. And I’m NOT going to give it to you.”
GG: “That’s okay, There’s plenty of other people who will give me one.”

Wow, huh?

Doesn’t that just make you want to break out singing “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”
 
But I guess I can always hold out hope that one day they'll all be friends.
 
Maybe when they move out. Or one of them needs a kidney....

2 comments:

  1. Great post. My daughters used to fight a lot, they are now 38 and 41 and are best friends. So, all you can do is hope for the best and not let them kill each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Belle! there's always hope! :)

    ReplyDelete