Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Day Story, or Learning Bad Things From Daddy

I was throwing out a couple of long cardboard tubes from gift wrap when they were fished out of the trash.

By the kids? you ask.

NO! BY my HUSBAND!

Yep. He put on a Darth Vader mask from the dress-up box, handed a tube to Baby Boy and said to me, "Look at this! Take my picture!"



The he proceeded to make light-saber noises and yell things like, "Luke, I am your father!" and "I'll never rule the universe with you!"

By "he" I mean my husband, NOT Baby Boy, by the way. Who was making the sound effects and yelling random Star-Wars quotes.

The twins thought this whole thing was great. Especially the cardboard tubes.

You probably can guess what happened next.



Daddy went to take a nap, and Baby Boy and Baby Girl climbed on the coffee table and practiced stopping the celing fan with the cardboard tubes.

Then much crying ensued when the tubes were confiscated.

Thanks, Daddy! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment