Thursday, December 23, 2010

Escape, or The Best Christmas Present Ever

Note: This was written on 22 December at 2:00 p.m.


I am writing this from a hotel room in Waikiki.

Really. I’m not kidding.

Although I may not be able to post this until I get home tomorrow; I’m not paying a $15.95 connection fee.

This was my Christmas present from my husband: I am spending two days all alone in a hotel. I have no current responsibilities. No one is asking me for anything. I don’t have to cook, or clean up, or break up fights for two days.

Obviously I have no idea what to do with myself.

No, seriously. I’m going to read a lot, and write a little, and take baths without anyone banging on the door.

This is an awesome Christmas present.

Actually, the best part of the whole thing is having my husband admit that watching the kids all day is a tough job.

When we talked last night, he said, “You can’t accomplish ANYTHING! You spend one minute doing something, and then someone wants something, or is screaming, or is hitting someone else.”

Bingo.

Welcome to my life, honey.

I’ll just be over here escaping it for forty hours or so….

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful present. Raising children is the hardest job in the world, while also the most rewarding. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete