Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rejected by Goodwill...

Yesterday morning I took some stuff to Goodwill to donate and they rejected about half of it.

Seriously! I felt like a Jeff Foxworthy routine. If even Goodwill won’t take your old stuff…you MIGHT be a redneck!

In my defense, they said they wouldn’t take the stuff because of liability issues. I was trying to donate some old bicycle helmets, rollerblades, a child’s bicycle, a stroller and a baby backpack. (They did accept my old clothes and a lamp with a damaged shade.)

The guy said they couldn’t take any of that because someone might get hurt and then sue them.

I’ll pause, so you can insert your own “What is the world coming to?” here.

I’m just glad he didn’t think of someone suing because my shadeless lamp blinded them, or my old clothes didn’t keep them adequately warm or something. Then I’d never be able to get rid of my old stuff!

Or maybe someone’s done that already. Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of anyone sueing a used store for helmets etc. but I am sure it has happened. Nice of you to donate.

    ReplyDelete