Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I can't make this stuff up, folks!

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Facebook
I just received a touching proposal on facebook, and I can't decide if it's some kind of scam or just...pathetic.

It could go either way.

Okay, here it is, verabitim:

"My name is Robert by name from Syracuse NY,i am new on here and searching for new friends and i check across your name then i like what you write about your self that why i send to you OK ,I am a 41 year old lady seeking for a serious relationship that would last forever, I work in as house construction,I'm also the only child of my parents,I am a very responsible Man and who treat his Woman like a queen,I'm very respectful and do what my Woman wants me do......I truly seek for a very responsible Woman."


Wow. What Woman can resist this?
 
It was accompanied by a blurry picture of a white guy with a kid.
 
On the one hand, it reads kind of like one of those scams: "please to mail back $1000 when you receive my check for $2000 i am trying to escape from Liberia thanks you vry much."
 
But then it also seems almost sincere. Except that he can't have read anything about me on facebook where it clearly says "Relationship status: MARRIED."
 
In any case I can't see what possible scam could run this way. But what else could it BE?
 
And NO! I'm not friending this guy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment