Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Interruption to Saturday's quiet

I was spending a pleasant Saturday afternoon with the kids.

Well, sort of.

Truthfully I was trying to keep the twins entertained in the living room and ignoring the noises coming from the big kids, who were all upstairs.

After a while things got quiet upstairs, and the twins were settling down to watch a movie with me on the couch. That's when ET appeared with an announcement.

"Boo's underwear is in the neighbor's tree."

So the peace was shattered with a bunch of confused questions.

"What happened?"

"Which neighbor? Which tree?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

And most important: "WHY is your sister's underwear in a TREE?!"

Apparently Boo was angry that ET and GG weren't letting her in the room with them. So in retaliation, she began shoving various pairs of her underwear under the locked door.

And GG retaliated in turn by throwing all the underwear off the balcony and into the front yard. (And the neighbor's front yard, apparently.)

Obviously Boo didn't really think this one through....

So Boo had retreived all the underwear from the yards, but one pair was still stuck in the neighbor's tree and she was afraid to tell me about it.

I went outside and shook the tree until it came down, thinking, HOW do these things HAPPEN?

While Boo watched embarrassed from the house, vowing to remember next time to use someone ELSE'S underwear for her retaliatory schemes....

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've hear a lot of kids stories, but this is a first! I love kids.

    ReplyDelete