Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Trash Day Dilemma


A confession: I have three big boxes in my garage that I haven't unpacked since our last move.

Which was almost a year ago now.

I know. It's embarrassing.

So I started thinking, If I haven't needed this stuff for almost a year, I really don't need it. Right?

(image from green-mom.blogspot.com)

Then the idea came to me: Just get rid of the boxes!

Trash day was coming up. What if I just dragged all three boxes out to the curb, unopened?

Oh, the liberating idea!

I may have mentioned before I have a recurring fantasy about stuffing everything in my house into a giant black trash bag and just starting over. Sometimes I think it's the only way my house will ever be clean.

Of course, I can't really throw away all our stuff. But those three boxes......

I resolved to do it.

So the night before trash day, I stood in my garage, trying to get up the nerve to drag those boxes out by the trash can.

Then I made a fatal mistake.

I LOOKED INSIDE THE BOXES.

I know. STUPID!

So it started: "I can't throw away this!"

"Oh, this is still good! I should really give it to Goodwill or something."

"What if I need this later on?"

 Et cetera.

Of course, the upshot of the whole thing is.....

I still have three big boxes in my garage that I haven't unpacked since our last move.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny, and something everyone can relate to. I keep getting rid of things but I still have way too much 'stuff'.

    ReplyDelete