Monday, May 7, 2012

Chopsticks


Since we moved to Hawaii, my older daughters have gotten really proficient with chopsticks.

I mean eating with them, not just poking each other with them.

Although my kids do their share of the latter as well, I admit.

(image from http://www.ebay.com)

It’s a little strange, though, since we’re originally from Alabama, to hear my kids complaining when they can’t find the chopsticks to eat their ramen with.

I mean, back home, “Chopsticks” is a song you play on the piano, you know?

But now we actually own several sets of them!

And we’re not talking about the paper-wrapped, break-apart kind of chopsticks from the Chinese restaurant either. We have nice washable ones with painted tops.

We’re really getting cosmopolitan around here.

Although I personally still eat with a fork.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried using chopsticks and I found it to be fun. It is nice your kids are learning how to use them.

    ReplyDelete