Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Pet Wars Are Back On!

At the fall festival last week Boo won a pair of goldfish in a plastic bag.

Don’t get me started on the dubious wisdom of giving elementary school kids LIVING ANIMALS as fair prizes without their parents’ permission. Suffice it to say, I dislike the idea on many levels.

Anyways, I figured, like all fair goldfish, these poor creatures were not long for this world.


Need I remind everyone what happened to Darla’s fish in “Finding Nemo?”


(image from http://pixar.wikia.com)

But, much to my surprise, a week later Dorothy and Stanky (as Boo named the fish) are still alive.

However, they may no last much longer. They have been discovered by The Cat.

This morning I came downstairs and found our kitty up on the kitchen counter looking into the fishbowl. The fish were swimming around like crazy and there was water all over the place.

Obviously Kitty had been unsuccessfully fishing. He ran away as soon as he saw me, but first he gave the fish and “I’ll be back” look.

I’m afraid Dorothy and Stanky may not enjoy the land of the living too much longer.

The Pet Wars have resumed!

(For the history of the pet wars click here. Also HERE.)

2 comments:

  1. My girls always want hedgehogs and Guinea pigs. We have cats and their dad has a dog. I can't imagine it turning out good for anyone. To Dorothy and Stanky, we say, "Salud!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish are not my favorite pets. At least your kids are asking for mammals.

      Delete