Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mommy takes the kids to the movies



(image from http://wallpaperan.com/world-war-z-2013.html)

I took the older girls to see World War Z.

Yeah I'm the kind of mom who takes her teenagers to zombie movies. That either makes me cool, or crazy. I'm not sure which.

Anyways, it was PG-13.

It was still super-scary. Lots of people got killed, albeit with a minimal amount of blood. But in the end, Brad Pitt single-handedly figured out how to save the whole world.

IT WAS SO COOL. I loved it!

Then as we were leaving the theater, ET started poking holes in the ending.

Apparently it wasn't realistic enough for her. (Because, of course, realism is REALLY important in zombie apocalypse movies. Right?)

She thought it was ridiculous that Brad-the-not-scientist would find out how to semi-defeat the zombies all on his own.Wouldn't someone else have discovered the solution way before Brad did? That's what she thought.

So I had to respond to these anti-Brad comments in a mature and parental manner.

I put my fingers in my ears and yelled, "Brad Pitt saved the world and that's it! La-la-la-la-I'm-not-listening!"

Sometimes you have to set the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment