Sunday, July 28, 2013

They DO grow up... eventually

Yesterday my five-year-old daughter streaked through the house screaming, "i have to poop; I have to Poop; I Have to Poop; I HAVE TO POOP!!!!"

Then she stopped just short of the bathroom and said, "Oh. It was just a poot." She calmly went back to playing in the living room.

This child has NO SHAME.


This might concern me if I didn't know that kids grow out of this.

I can remember being mortified by my oldest daughter's antics as a preschooler. I had my mother sew her little frilly bloomers to wear under her church dresses so she didn't flash the congregation during the children's sermon. I thought she would never stop lifting her skirts over her head.

Amazingly enough, as a sixteen-year-old, I notice she never does this anymore.

Neither do the thirteen and ten-year-olds. Their skirts stay resolutely down. It's great how they can manage to go to the bathroom all on their own, too.

I may be a little TOO blase about this sort of thing now, however. The preschool teacher had to remind me last year to make sure Little Girl wears shorts under her dresses. I was thinking, "She's FOUR. Who cares if people see her My Little Pony underwear? SHE certainly doesn't mind."

In any case, at least she'll learn a semblance of modesty by age sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment