Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bird of Paradise

Last week I was pleased to able to go out to breakfast with a group of other moms.

We sat outside on the lanai of the restaurant.

(A lanai is a covered porch. Are you amazed by how I use Hawaiian words with ease? Well, mahalo!)



There was a very nice view from the lanai. It really was like paradise.

Until the bird showed up.



No, not that kind of bird of paradise, which is a lovely plant.

A regular brown and white bird, arriving with a whole bunch of other birds to see if anyone had dropped anything on the ground to eat. (Unfortunately, we had.)

This particular bird was perched on a beam above my head.



You can GUESS what happened next, can't you?

Suffice it to say I had to change my shirt when I got home.

Unfortunately, even in paradise, there's still poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment