Thursday, July 26, 2012

I know I said this wasn't that kind of blog....

...but I'm going to tell you how I redecorated the living room.

First of all, I had a great idea to change the look of the room with only a new rug, and some curtains and throw pillows I found on clearance at Kmart.

I say "great idea" because it seemed like a great idea when I was standing in Kmart looking at the clearance rack. But as usual, the exacution of my idea was less great than I had envisioned.

Okay, so here's the living room when we first moved in:



Yeah, I know. It looked so NICE before we had a chance to wreck everything. Sigh.

And here's a photo from last Christmas so you can see how it looked with the curtains and pictures. Oh, and a lot of other stuff.



Anyways, the rug was starting to curl up at the edges and I wanted to change the room a little.

The only problem was I decided to start this project at like nine o'clock at night and force all the kids to help me.

I started getting a little nuts when things weren't coming out exactly like I'd envisioned.

Also when I found all kinds of trash crammed under things and stuffed inside the furniture, including an old container of yogurt hidden in the folds of the curtains. And it wasn't completely empty either!

Anyway, here's the final result.





Not exactly HGTV material, but I think we'll get used to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment