Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why am I the only one dressed as a clown?

Carnival, Tent, Amusement Park, Flag, Big Top, Exhibition, Clown, Patch, Embroidered Patch, Crest, Merit Badge, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Guides
My friend was organizing a carnival for kids at a homeless shelter and I volunteered to help.

(Okay, let's be honest: She called for volunteers and I pretended not to hear. She put up notices for volunteers on the internet and I did not click on the links. Then she asked me to volunteer, and I tried to change the subject, and finally agreed to help. This is because I am too lazy to willingly volunteer for anything. But didn't the first sentence sound nicer? The plain truth can often be harsh.)

Anyways, I agreed to help at the carnival, and she asked if I had anything "clownish" to wear. So I said I would come up with something.

I made a vest out of balloons and painted my face up. I don't have a full shot of the outfit but here I am in my car, cheerfully driving to the carnival:



I had to park kind of far away so I ended up walking down a busy street in the clown getup. Finally I arrived at the carnival.

Lots of people were there. NONE OF THEM were dressed in anything even remotely "clownish."

I felt like Reese Witherspoon's charcter in Legally Blonde at her first Harvard party. (They told her it was a costume party and it wasn't.)

Yeah, except she looked A LOT better.

( Reese's image from http://www.clubfashionista.com)

(carnival patch image from http://www.e-patchesandcrests.com)

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha :D I would have dressed up as well! No biggy shows you are more fun then most! :D

    ReplyDelete