Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Secret Oreo Stash

I bought some Double Stuff Oreos at the commisary and hid them when I got home because...

A) I had a recipe I wanted to use them in.
B) I didn't want the kids eating them all in one day.
C) They were MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!
D) All of the above.

Obviously the answer is (D), as anyone who's ever taken a multiple choice quiz knows. (It's a rule; if "all of the above" or "none of the above" appears on the list, it's the right answer. Unless it's a trick.)

Anyways, one night after all the kids had (supposedly) gone to bed and I was working on the computer, ET emerged from the kitchen munching something suspiciously black and white.

I asked her what she was eating, hoping she wouldn't say, "Oreos."

She said, "Oreos."

I said, "Aw, man! You found my secret Oreo stash?"

A slow smile spread across her face. "Actually," she said, swallowing. "These were in a Lunchable in the fridge. But thanks for letting me know there's a secret Oreo stash."

I said, "Aw, man!"

She went back in the kitchen and came back a minute or two later. "Found it!" she said trimphantly.

I sighed in defeat. "Just don't tell your sisters, okay?"

(above image from amazon.com)

2 comments:

  1. I have to hide anything around here that I don't want to disappear within 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete