Thursday, October 7, 2010

What to do Today?

Calendar Grid/ Sky Kaleidoscope Paper (Creative Cafe)Right now it’s fall break. So my kids are off school all week.

That means they’re at home. ALL of them.

ALL DAY LONG.

So far, everyone’s still alive. Which is good news.

We’ve been looking for things to do all week out of the house to keep the fighting and the “I’m BORED, Mom!” down to a minimum.

But to day I had a repairman coming (the toilet again--don’t EVEN ask!) so we had to stay at home all day, and find things to keep us occupied around here.

The kids were outside when the repairman arrived, and he made a comment about how kids still enjoy mud pies that I didn’t quite catch. I was more concerned about the toilet, to be honest.

Which, by the way, was required to be removed from the floor again. What the HECK are people flushing around here? I can’t imagine.

But in a few minutes I looked outside and found out what mud he was talking about.



Yep. That’s my daughter, actually submerged in a mud puddle the SHE CREATED with the use of two hoses!

The girls had a fabulous time playing in the mud until I called them in to clean up for lunch.



You’ll notice the mud here is as red as Alabama clay. It’s not what you’d expect in Hawaii, but the area where we live is called Red Hill. The dirt is red here, but on most of the island it’s regular soil, or else sand.

It stains as bad as Alabama clay too.

Here’s Boo trying to look remorseful over the mess she created.



I guess they were just having too MUCH fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment