Sunday, October 17, 2010

What is a Harried Mom?

Okay, so yesterday I was looking for images that exemplify
my life as a mother, so I googled "harried mom."

Yeah. that's how I'd describe myself.

You disagree? Check the archive.

This one is a cartoon I drew myself years ago for a mom's group I was part of.



Most of the images I saw on Google didn't make a lot of sense, honestly.

It was like, did you UNDERSTAND my search words?



Could that woman look LESS like a harried mom?

But this one was more like it.


It's from cannedfood.org, if you can believe it.

And then there's this one:



The description, from gettyimages.com, was a little too specific actually.

She's described as:
"30-34 Years, Northern European Descent, Southern European Descent,
Domestic Kitchen, Standing, Sitting, Carrying, Working, Mother"

Wow.
Well, actually I think that kind of sums it up, as I feel I am also simultaneously
standing, sitting, carrying AND working much of the time.....

And just for fun:
 I really like this one, called the duct tape babysiiter.

Not that I'm advocating such a thing...





That duct tape can do anything I guess!





1 comment:

  1. I wish I had thought of the duct tape when i was babysitting my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete