Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's December; How many words have I written?

Well, National Novel Writing Month is over. Did I succeed in writing 50,000 words in 30 days?

Does the above graphic give you a clue about the answer to that question?

As of midnight on November 30th, which was the deadline, I only had 47,292 words.

I was close. But, as they say, close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. Not that I've ever played either one of those things. And I don't plan to either, actually.

But that's okay. I will keep writing. If at first you don't succeed; it's always darkest before the dawn; all of that inspirational junk.

By the way, when I was searching for a graphic with "failure" on it to put on here, almost all of the images were actually supposed to BE inspirational. Which was kind of weird. Who's buying all these motivational posters with the word "failure" on them?

Anyways, I'll have more time to write now that Thanksgiving's over. Unless I get interrupted by ANOTHER major holiday.

What's that? ...oh yeah, I forgot. CHRISTMAS!

Oh well, see you in January....

1 comment:

  1. Man, 47,292 words! I wouldn't call that an epic failure, it's an epic sucess. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete