Sunday, January 22, 2012

Creativity... and Elmo

Last night I was dressing Baby Boy in his Elmo P.J.'s and I started making up a little song for him.

(This is to the tune of the "Elmo's World" theme song from Sesame Street.)

I started out when I was putting on the pajama pants, "La la la la; La la la la: Elmo pants."

Then I sang, "La la la la; La la la la: Elmo shirt."


Baby Boy looked happy, enjoying the song.

I started feeling impressed with what a creative mom I was. It's like, Oh yeah, I'm cool. Watch me, I'm the Playful Parent.


(image from http://www.alexrappoport.com)

I sang, "Elmo loves his jammies, and you do too!"

I poked my little boy in the tummy and he smiled.


We geared up for the big finish to the song. Baby Boy began singing with me.

We sang, "That's Elmo's--"

My son grinned triumphantly and replaced the last word with a loud, "POOP!" before collapsing into giggles at his own witticism.

Ah, the humor of the three-year-old.

1 comment:

  1. Kids are always fascinated by poop! He is such a cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete