Monday, April 2, 2012

I still don't like April Fool's Day

I said this last year, but April Fool's Day bugs me.

(Read last year's rant HERE if you're interested.)

I just don't approve of a holiday that's all about lying to people and/or making them uncomfortable.

And yes, I AM a party pooper. That's why I'm MOMMY!

(Image from sms.com))

This year's annoying joke I heard about from an 88-year-old lady at church who lives in an assisted-living home.

She came down to the dining room Sunday morning for breakfast and they had a big sign up, "Dining room will be closed for lunch and dinner today due to health department violations."

Seriously.

Yes, it was an April Fool's joke. And she took it well. Unlike many other residents, I'm sure.

But should we REALLY be joking like this with the octogenarians? I mean, I get mad when someone messes with MY meals, to be honest. And I'm not trapped in the old folk's home with little else to look forward but banana pudding after lunch on Tuesdays!

I'm surprised no one had a heart attack.

This joke exemplifies all that I dislike about April Fool's.

Sorry if I sound too preachy here.

Just don't mess with the old people's banana pudding! OKAY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment