Friday, August 24, 2012

The Traveling TP Incident

I was standing at the playground in my neighborhood watching the twins the other day when GG ran up to me and handed me half a roll of toilet paper.

That's it. That's all she did. She didn't explain anything. She just ran off.

I looked at the TP in my hand. Then I looked at the other mom I'd been talking to. She said, "Um.... was that your daughter?"

I considered denying the relationship, but it seemed pointless. I mean, as weird as it is for your kid to hand you a roll of TP, it's weirder for a stranger to do it.

So I said, "Yeah."

Then I continued to hold the TP until it was time to walk back home. After all, with five girls in the house, I can't afford to waste even half a roll.

When I got home, I asked GG what was up with the TP. She giggled uncontrollably, then explained that her older sister threw it at her, so she brought it to me.

Was that supposed to be some form of indirect tattling? I have no idea.

If so, it was wildly ineffective tattling, as no one got into trouble.

All that happened was, I looked really weird holding a roll of TP at the playground for an hour.

(image fromwikipedia.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment