Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why did I volunteer for this again?


I have tendency to volunteer to do things without thinking it through all the way. And then regretting it.

So I've been trying to remember to ask myself before offering to do something: "Do I really want to do this?"

"Do I have time to do this?"

And more importantly, "Do I even know HOW to do this?"

Oddly enough, it's the last one that trips me up a lot. Yes, I have volunteered to do things that I don't actually know how to do. This is because I am stupid.

So his week I volunteered to make 100 candy bags to give away at a women's fair as a promotion for my Bible study group. Without thinking it through.

So, in my classic style of procrastination, I waited until the day of the fair to even start.

I had to make and cut out stickers with the group logo, and buy tiny bags, etc., that morning. I figured it would take me an hour or two to do all that and fill the bags.

Did I mention I'm really bad at estimating what exactly I have time to do, and how long it will take me to do it?

Since I seemed to be running behind, I skipped going to a separate store for candy, remembering that I had a jumbo bag of M-n-M's at home.

The problem was, it turned out that jumbo bag was half-empty. And it took forever to fill all the bags and put on the stickers. All in all, I DIDN'T THINK IT THROUGH.

So, for you ladies at the fair who only got three M-n-M's in your bag, or who got Skittles or Reese's Pieces instead, I apologize.

I hope you don't hold it against my group. Or report me to God.

(He already knows anyways....)

No comments:

Post a Comment