I asked my husband and the kids to brainstorm ideas for this year's Christmas card photo.
Since last years's photo was creative and fun, I thought it would be great to do it again. The main reason it had gone so well then, was because the kids had helped come up with the idea.
(As opposed to moaning and groaning and complaining the whole time because Mommy was making them take a family photo, as in previous years.)
At first I thought I'd made a big mistake though, because they had some pretty wild ideas:
1. Make a snowman out of red dirt and pose next to it.
2. Take all our furniture outside and sit on it like it's our living room.
3. Pose in front of the neighbor's house, pretending to peek in their windows.
4. Go up on the roof and take a picture.
5. Walk out into the woods where we'd "planted" last year's plastic tree and stand next to it again.
Fortunately, we didn't end up going with any of these. In fact we didn't do anything weird at all!
Well, maybe just a little weird.....