Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's Einstein got to do with it?

Thought for the day: Be suspicious when your child suddenly spouts seemingly meaningless trivia about the school performance of famous people.

My eleven-year old said, when getting into the car after school on Friday, "Did you know Einstein failed math in school?"

You can probably guess where this is going, but I seem to be a little dense these days.

Then I received my first e-mail from the school's automatic grading system. (Although I do understand this is after only two weeks of school, and there's time to fix this.)

Language Arts   A
Writing              A
Science              A
Health                A
Career Journal   A
Math                  D
Homework        A

Uh huh. Apparently that (likely erroneous) bit of dead-celebrity trivia was code for, “I’m doing rather badly in mathematics, mother.”

Hey kid! Einstien was in trouble with HIS mother for this, and so are you!

image above from wikipedia
<><><><><><> <><><>  <><><><> <><><> 
  
 

3 comments:

  1. I have always had trouble with math but made A's in my other subjects. I just can't wrap my mind around it. My granddaughter Faith has the same problem. I remember reading Winston Churchill failed English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! She told me she retook this test so hopefully a better grade next week! :)

    ReplyDelete