Sunday, January 6, 2013

How do I get myself into these things?


Have you ever had that moment where you ask yourself, "How did this happen?"

I have that thought a lot.

Today I found myself actually holding down one child while allowing another child to give her a Wet Willy.

I know. Weird, right? What could possibly motivate me to do something like that?

(image from deviantart.com)

Oh, and if you don't know what a Wet Willy is, click here for wikipedia's "List of School Pranks," and scroll down past "noogie," "swirlie," and "wedgie" to find it.

So what happened was: My friend was visiting with her new baby. Boo (age 10) was holding the baby. GG (age 12) took the opportunity to sneak up and give Boo a Wet Willy.

Now really! How mean is THAT? Assaulting a person who is holding an INFANT?! Low blow, GG. Super low.

I really felt the punishment should fit the crime on this. So I told Boo she could give her sister a free retaliatory Wet Willy.

But the problem was, Boo is smaller than GG. So they chased each other all over the house, banging things and slamming doors. GG locked Boo out of the bedroom, the bathroom, and the house, in that order. GG's ear remained clean and dry, and Boo was frustrated.

So that's how I ended up holding GG down to allow the Wet Willy to be fairly administered.

I think I did the right thing.....

 
(So does the baby.)


No comments:

Post a Comment