Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Offended by The World Wide Web?

Dial Up Internet DealsIs it just me, or has the internet gotten really rude lately?

I mean, it's always been trying to make me click on things using weird tactics, like that photo of the grandpa's head on Wonder Woman's body, or that lady in the black dress that gets fat and then shrinks up skinny over and over again.

And it's always offered me dates with "local" singles, men OR women, so I can take my pick. Gee. Thanks.

I have often wondered if these people are REALLY local. Like, if I knew someone in, say, Nome Alaska.....would they have the same photos displayed as I do? Do the rest of y'all have that dude in the mountain-climbing gear, or the off-center and out-of-focus long-haired guy? I'm just asking.

But now it's started making me insulting offers, like "Date sexy Chinese girl."

There are so many things wrong with that offer, I can't even SAY them all! I shudder to think what might happen if I accidentally clicked on it.

And no, I didn't. Not even in the name of research.

 Also I'm annoyed by the over-aggressive fan pages on facebook who tell me things like, "If you love your daughter, click LIKE!"

Okay, how about we don't rate the strength our familial relationships based on how many FAN PAGES we clicked LIKE on?!

But maybe I'm getting a little oversensitive...

By the way, the signpost picture at the top is from http://www.cheapinternetdeals.org/.

I tried to find a photo of that incredible shrinking and growing lady, and it appears that the Sensa weight-loss company has removed her. I read a couple of comments about how people found her offensive...


I guess maybe I'm not the only one who thinks the internet is rude.

Anybody else had any freaky offers pop up?

And are those singles really local or not?

2 comments:

  1. I have had the Chinese Girls ad come up. They are very young girls and it made me sick to see it. I am offended by the net quite often myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually see any Chinese girls; it was just the text on the ad I saw...but that was bad enough!

    ReplyDelete