Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Going to School Blues

I don't want to go to school! 

"Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson

It's getting on towards the end of the school year, and we've had a lot of whining recently in the mornings, particularly from GG and Boo.

You know the drill, whining, "I don't WANNA go to school!"

(ET, although she glowers at everyone all morning in true teenager form, goes off to school with a resigned air and hasn't been doing this as much.)

We've had some complaining about stomachaches too, but that's another story. Sufffice it to say, my general policy on staying home from school sick is: If you don't have a fever, and you're not throwing up, your butt is GOING to school!



Schylling Large School Bus Die Cast ToyThis morning, GG looked at me sorrowfully right before leaving to wait for the bus.

"I don't want to go to school today, Mommy. But I'm doing this for YOU!"

Well, THANK you, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment