Saturday, February 9, 2013

At the movies

Les Miserables Movie PosterI took the girls to see Les Miserables at the movie theater.

It was very well-done, by the way. I've seen the stage show, and while I'll agree the quality of the singing was better with the Broadway cast, you can't beat the acting in the movie version.

Anne Hathaway singing "I Dreamed a Dream" is an amazing performance. Unlike Susan Boyle (et al), she realizes this a SAD song.

And anyone who disparages Hugh Jackman is just jealous that they can't be him. I mean, the guy is Wolverine, and he's an awesome tenor. Beat that! (Again, you can't.)

Still, in my zeal to expose my children to High Art, I may have neglected to notice the PG-13 rating of the film.

(image from http://meetinthelobby.com)

A fact that came to my attention rather blantantly during the...ahem...brothel scene.

Boo: What's going on?
Me: Um...well... She sold her hair and her teeth and now she's really sad.
Boo: Oh...
Me: Really really sad. And that man is being mean.
Boo: Okay.
Me: (whispering to ET) Maybe it was a mistake to bring Boo to this movie.
ET: Duh, Mom.

Oh well. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment