Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Just a Girl Who Cain't Say No, Apparently

Dead Sea Premier Biox Anti-Aging Complex Intensive Age Treatment Cream
Today I got sucked in by the Dead Sea Facial guy. His name was Omar. He complimented my naturally beautiful nails, and then told me how they could look even more natural for only $49.95!



You’ve probably seen these people. They have little kiosks in malls and when you walk by they accost you with, “Can I ask you a question?”



I always say, “No thank you,” but today my resistance must have been low, because the next thing I knew Omar was massaging natural mineral oil into my right thumbnail and speaking to me soothingly in an exotic-sounding foreign accent.



Then he held my thumbnail under the light, and it was so beautiful and sparkly! And so natural-looking! I couldn’t stop looking at my beautiful thumb!



So the next thing I knew I was giving Omar fifty bucks! And part of me is going, Have you LOST your MIND?! You don’t even use the beauty products you already HAVE! But the other part of me was still saying, Oooo, pretty sparkly!



I guess I’m like a magpie with a credit card.



I should have known better than to stop and speak to this guy. I should know I have to just keep walking and ignore the sales pitches like Kate Gosselin going past the paparazzi. My problem comes when I stop and listen to them.



I never used to be like this, but lately I can’t even watch infomercials with out thinking, SHOULD I be teaching my baby to read? or Wow, that chamois cloth is really absorbent! I need that!



Fortunately, with the infomercials I don’t actually succumb, because once I’m away from the TV salesman’s mesmerizing voice I snap out of it. But in person I can’t seem to break away.



I think I need some blinders like they use for horses so I can get where I’m going in the mall and ignore the sales pitches. That or a little device with a recorded voice that says, “No thank you,” over and over while I’m walking.



Adult Cinderella Glass Slippers (Size:Medium 8)And by the way, now that I’m at home my thumbnail doesn’t look nearly as good. What, does it wear off like Cinderella’s spell? Or did Omar use some special light to fool me? Oh well. Too late now. At least the special hand lotion smells nice…



What happened to my sales resistance? I don’t know. But nobody better come to my door selling vacuums today, or we are in trouble!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I can so relate. Except I am a closet "As Seen on TV" buyer because I wait until they sell it at Walgreens or Bed Bath and Beyond!My husband laughs and says, "What do you need that for." Also, you have made your mark as a southern girl in Hawaii on your blog. Cain't. Love it!

    ReplyDelete