Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Jetsons: The MovieWell, it’s 2011.

Personally, I’m still wondering where all the flying cars are. Not to mention my robot maid.

It’s completely lame how the Future is here, and I still have to mop my own floor. And drive on the GROUND.

Although I guess we do sort of have those video phones they had on the Jetsons, what with skype and all. Which was, in my opinion, the lamest technology they had on that show. (Besides the dog-walk treadmill, I guess.)

I think that’s one of the best things about the phone, that you can talk on it and the other person can’t see you. Because MY phone always seems to ring when I’m in the shower or something. Let me tell you, you people are LUCKY you can’t see me!

Anyways, Happy New Year. Or whatever.

People in Hawaii are big on saying “Happy New Year.” They really love the new year celebration here. You should SEE the fireworks! It’s amazing.

It’s not a formal fireworks show or anything either. It’s just a bunch of regular people, buying up tons of small firecrackers and setting them off continually from about 6:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. Seriously.

My kids went outside to watch them from the yard; it was a pretty good show.

I was bummed that I was stuck staying up until midnight this year; usually I ring in the new year doing my favorite thing: sleeping. My husband always waits for midnight and supervises whichever kids are old enough to try to stay up, but this year he had to work overnight.

I think this was the first year that all three of the older kids stayed awake all the way until midnight. I know Boo particularly was proud of herself for passing this milestone.

Obviously the twins were not given the option of staying up late, so that means they were up bright and early the next morning.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I want my flying car! I stayed up this year too, until 2:30am. I played cards at my daughter's place. We had a good time, but I am usually asleep at midnight also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!! Hope you got to catch up on your new years sleep.

    ReplyDelete