Tuesday, January 11, 2011

That's Not Trash!

simplehuman Step Trash Can, Semi-Round, Stainless Steel, 10-1/2 GallonsThe twins like to throw things away.

Some of the things are even trash.

I gave them their own small trash can so they can throw away things they find on the floor, such as their sisters' discarded wrappers, or old paper napkins.

I even labeled it, "Baby Trash Can," in an effort to keep other people in the family from putting things in there.

Because sometimes they throw away things they are not trash, which is why they have their own can. That way I can inspect the contents before taking out the trash, and rescue any odd objects in there.

I've often found sippy cups or silverware in there. I guess they figure: once I'm done using it, I should throw it away.

Which is nice and sort-of hygenic of the twins, but I have to remind them, "That's not trash!"

But we've had other strange things found in the baby trash can.


What is this, you may ask? Well, let's rewind a bit to find out.


 Aha! Here we see Baby Boy shoving AN ENTIRE ROLL of paper towels into the trash.

Where did he get it, you might wonder?


So it was a brand new roll of paper towels that he and his twin sister got from under the counter, unwrapped, unrolled completely, and threw away.

Once again, that's not trash!

But the weirdest thing I found in the baby trash can was this:



Can you see what's nestled there, between the empty Jell-O container and the discarded zip-loc bag?

Would you like a closer look?


That's right! It's a $10 bill! Amazing.

That's NOT trash!

But it's mine now....

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so funny! Busy, busy bees. It's a good thing you got them their own can.

    ReplyDelete